Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 74 - SÃO JOSÉ DOS CAMPOS - February 29, 2016 - LOVE THIS PLACE!

Olá Família e amigos!!!

This week has been a whipper!  It went by so fast!!  I feel like the time is slipping out of my fingers!!  But really we had so much to do and not enough time.  We had our amazing zone conference this past Thursday.  I am so grateful for my leaders.  Really the Lord calls those who are worthy and willing to serve.  They are true example to me of disciples of Christ.  I love President Silcox and his amazing wife.  They are my loving parents here on my mission.  I feel their love for me so strongly.

So I do not have much time, but I wanted to share an experience we had this week with a wonderful family. M is a inactive member who has a brother that's active.  She is married to D who has never been to church, and J (12) and P  are their kids.  We have taught them once before, but this past Friday we decided to put them on date for baptism!  We taught the first discussion and it was so powerful.  Really I have never seen a family so prepared to progress in the gospel.  They have a picture of the Sacramento temple in their home and they have the goal to one day have a forever family.  D accepted baptism and really wants to be a good example in his family.  J already wants to be baptized!  So, it is hard because D works every other Sunday, but we are so excited for their desire to change and learn more!!  I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!  The Lord lets me feel His love for His children and it is the most amazing experience to see a family through His eyes.

There are a thousand things running through my mind right now, and it is really hard to explain how I feel right now.  The strongest feeling is that of gratitude.  I am the most blessed person in the world.  I know who I am and I know why I am here.  I know Jesus Christ is my Savior.  I love you all and I wish you a great week!

Today I have to travel all alone to São Paulo!! Ah! There's a problem with my visa that I have to resolve. Pray that everything will be ok!  Pray for F and B!  They need to go to stake conference with us on Sunday! F invited us to go to her church on Wednesday, I am a little nervous... I have heard many things about the one she goes to :)

Sister Cordner xoxo

​This is our life.  We spend most of our life on the bus.  It is always so crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment