Monday, March 7, 2016

Week 75 - SÃO JOSÉ DOS CAMPOS - March 7, 2016 - The Lord Is My Light!

I think this might be the last entry of Sister Cordner's mission blog.  I can't believe that this day has finally arrived.  It has felt like a few years to me even though it has flown for the rest of you.  Ken and I leave next Monday  morning for the long flight to Brazil and will arrive Tuesday morning. We will then make our way to the mission office where we will be able to pick her up.  We are beyond excited to be able to hug McKenzie again and spend some wonderful personal time with her before she comes back to begin her "life after the mission" life. Thank you to all for following her blog, making comments and being such a great support group to our family.  We love you!!

So much good news from home!  I am smiling from ear to ear!  My heart jumps with joy when I think about seeing all of you again!  It truly is a blessing to have so many amazing friends and family!  

This week has been wonderful and super busy.  We have been running back and forth São Paulo to get my new visa, and to participate in the leadership counsel.  We have to go back tomorrow, and I will stay for three days with Sister Johnson and Sister Arzola.  The sister leader training night, reunião de autosuficiência, and the temple in Campinas!  It will be a very busy week, but we will do our best to get the most important things done!  When we meet with Bishop Alex, or when we mark appointments for next week I feel such a sadness in my heart.  I want to keep working!!!  I want to keep serving!!  But then a soft small voice whispers to me that there is so much more I will do in my life to serve and that it is not only on my mission that I can be a disciple of Christ.  I love my Savior Jesus Christ.  He saves me daily from my sins, my weaknesses and my sadness.  He loves me, and is always with me.  I am so grateful for the time I have had to serve Him.  I will never stop serving Him, receiving counsel from  Him and showing my love for Him.  There are so many feelings and emotions that come with this big change.  And it might be a harder change than it was at the beginning of my mission.  But, I will trust in the Lord that everything will be okay.  He will be with me and He will help those I have taught to keep on the straight and narrow path.  The only path that brings peace in this life and exaltation.  Forgive me for my scrambled thoughts.  I love you all!  What a day it will be to see you all again!!  And less than a year and a half to see my australian brother!! ;)


Sister Cordner xoxo

1 comment:

  1. This is momma Johnson. Sister Jessica Johnson is our daughter and your first companion of your mission in the Provo MTC. I just wanted you to know that we have read every word of your blogs and all of your moms emails and all of the pictures and have watched you and Jess grow to be these spiritual Giants!! Such sweetness comes from a daughter of God who is serving to her best capibilities and combining that with the faith of many who sustain and support you makes this whole process just such a testimony builder for the rest of us arm chair missionary wanna-b's!!!! You have enriched our souls and you have made a difference in the people over there!!! You are having the feelings you are having because you have served with that "honor" every moms prays for as their missionaries are out. What a blessing you are to your family and to the São Paulo Leste Mission!! Keep sharing your beautiful smile and your angelic voice!! I hope we get to meet you someday!!! I hope you are having a wonderful week with Jessica!! We have missed her so much!!! Love you bunches!!! Momma Johnson.

    ReplyDelete