Monday, August 31, 2015

Week 48 - Jundiapeba, São Paulo - August 31, 2015 Job is the man!!

A Birthday selfie!!


Hello my beautiful family and friends!!

This has been a week of learning and growth, like always!!!  First of all, the weather here is nuts!!  It was so freezing and raining on Thursday and now it is the hottest of hot.  

I don't have a lot of time, but thank you all for your Birthday messages!  It was a great day :)  For the first time in my life I feel old!  20 years old!!

Well we have cleaned up our teaching pool and we have a full week of new investigators to visit, teach, and mark for baptism!  I have so much faith and I am excited to see what the Lord has in store!

Last week we were looking for a less active's home and we asked the neighbor for an information.  Carolina is 14 years old and she is so sweet. She accepted baptism and has been reading her Book of Mormon daily.  She loves to learn and is so receptive.  We asked her about her parents and their religion and she said that her mom is a member of our church!  We could not believe it!!  Her mom likes us a lot and likes that we are teaching her daughter, but we will be able to really talk with her this week and help her come back to church after 14 years!!  

Also, Wendell is a young man that is a great friend to some of the boys in the ward.  He is 15 years old and has already been taught by the Elders.  On the day of his baptism he backed out and has been showing up at church for the past two weeks.  Although he has been dodging our visits the young men's president snagged him and we will be able to teach him this week!!  The Lord is so perfect how He works with each of His children.

When I was on a divison with Sister Arosteguy we read the story of Job together during our studies.  Okay, he is the most faithful and patient man I have ever heard of.  Whenever it is so hot, sweaty, and when nobody is home, I think of Job and I know I can do all things.  Even his Job's wife came to him and told him to curse God and die.  But he would not.  He could not.  He knew that if we can accept the good times with pleasure, we need to be able to accept the hard time and trust that the Savior can do all things.  We can do hard things, physically, spiritually, and mentally.  He has over come it all.  He knows better than anyone how to help us.  Let us trust and continue on!  Rosana and Jardel cut us this week.  We were really sad and feeling like we failed, but we were able to visit an amazing less active family right after, that showed us so much love.  I felt as if Heavenly Father was trying to show me that I had done all that I could to invite like Christ would and that He is pleased and proud of what we do in our day to day work.  Sometimes we feel as if we have very little success, but we can not see the clear and full picture!!  I am grateful for an all-knowing and all-powerful Heavenly Father.  He can do all things and with Him we can be a little part of this work.

I love you all and I pray that we can remember how blessed we are every single day.  We have all we need, now we need to share it with everyone else!!

Sister Cordner
xoxo

Please pray for:

Carolina
Wendell
our hours of hard work!


Yummy!!  Fish, pumpkin, rice and beans.

On a division with Sister Arosteguy (Brazilian from Kentucky) She is awesome!!


Parque Centenario playing volleyball today with the zone.

                              
                            and a big smile for ya'll cuz I LOVE YOU GUYS

No comments:

Post a Comment