Monday, August 3, 2015

Week 44 - Jundiapeba, São Paulo - August 3, 2015


O Pico do Urubu 
(This is the hike they went on last P-day with the Elders, but was unable to send the pictures.)



Well family, it has been another great and sunny week!  I feel renewed and refreshed from a beautiful Sunday yesterday and I am ready for a new week!  I cannot believe that Mitch will be leaving in 9 days!  So exciting!  

These past few days I have been pondering a lot about our free agency.  It is the greatest gift we have from God.  I have seen so many different types of people using their free agency in many ways.  It is so simple.  When we choose what God wants us to, we will be happy, but when we choose any other way we will not be happy.  As a missionary we give many chances to many people to use their agency in a good way.  We invite everyone around us, and we even offer help to choose the right.  Unfortunately this week many of them have chosen not to be happy.  I get very very sad when we arrive at the chapel on Sunday expecting every one of them to come to church and... we wait... wait... and wait. No one comes.  But you know what... we do our part.  We continue to show our love and our patience, and we invite them again and again and again!!  God is so merciful and He will always give a second chance!!  We have hit a dry spot in the work here, but I feel an oasis on the horizon!!  I know that our hard work is not in vain!   He has not ceased to do miracles among the children of men. I know this to be sure.  

I love to share the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I love to share the wonderful news with all we come in contact.  There are beautiful families and amazing people that can contribute so much in this church.  I know that the spirit will guide us to those who are ready and excited to use their agency in the right way!!  

Family, I do not have very much to say this week.  But I do know that I need to be here.  I am the same imperfect person that I was before my mission.  I still make mistakes, but I am more aware of how to become better.  I have a whole new vision.  I know more of the love God has for each child.  He lives and He sent His Son.  I am so proud of the members in our ward and how they are sharing the gospel.  It is not easy for them, but they are trying their best to be an example of the believers.  We are receiving so many references from the members.  It is amazing!!  I feel that they are being strengthened and helped in their own missionary experiences.  I love training Sister Pereira.  I learn from her daily! Only she and her sister are members in their family.  Her parents are not even married, but I see how much she wants the gospel for them.  What a sacrifice she is giving the Lord.  Everything she does, she does with love and hope that one day her family can be sealed together forever!

I love you all forever and ever!  


Sister Cordner xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment