Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Week 57- Jundiapeba, São Paulo - November 3, 2015 - I love to see the Temple!



What an amazing week I have had!  We were able to have an amazing experience in the temple this week.  Campinas is so beautiful and I was in awe looking out the window on the bus ride.  Brasil is a blessed country.  So green, so fruitful and so beautiful!  I would see miles and miles of green trees, and tropical forest and then so many little brick houses (favela) all together.  We arrived at the temple, and after 6 months I was able to enter into my Father's house.  I never wanted to leave.  The spirit that I feel and that I love in the temple is one that I cannot find in any other place here on the earth.  This is why I am here on my mission.  I have so many blessings.  The restored gospel, the fullness of God's love in my life and I need to share it with others.  There is so much more,  sooooo much more that they do not even know about.  It is my duty and my privilege to share it with them.  I was able to thank my Heavenly Father for all of the blessings in my life, and it was one of the most amazing experiences I have had on my mission.  We need to be in the temple.  

 This week we have been really trying to work with the members, organize family nights with our investigators and help them arrive in sacrament meeting on Sunday morning.  Despite our best efforts, they still need to choose for themselves!  We had an amazing little family night with my favorite little family in the ward.  What a special little night it was with C, V and their three little children.  They were able to see how important it is to teach the gospel of Jesus Christ to their children.  I felt a spirit so strong watching how patient, loving and diligent A and D were with their children during the short lesson.  I could not help but imagine how it will be with my little family one day.  

I am grateful for the power of prayer.  For me, the best answer is always to pray.  If I am feeling small, alone, angry, sad, or even grateful and happy, I need to pray.  I remember always waking up early to go to school or church meetings and I always saw  my sweet mother  praying so intently in the library.  What an amazing example.  We need to talk with our Heavenly Father about every detail in our lives.  He does not only listen, but He can talk with us as well.

I am grateful to be a missionary.  It is not easy nor will it ever be.  It was never easy for our Savior Jesus Christ and He was perfect.  When we choose to put His name on our chests and preach His gospel we are not choosing the easy way.  But I know that He is the only way and the only name here on earth and in the heavens that we can be saved. I know He lives.  

Please pray for Jundiapeba.  Pray that our inestigators can have the desire to read the Book of Mormon, search for a testimony through sincere prayer, and to go to church on Sunday!!  We need your prayers!!  I love you all!  Have a wonderful week :)

Love, 

Sister Cordner xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment