Monday, November 9, 2015

Week 58- Jundiapeba, São Paulo - November 9, 2015



An investigator made me a jack o lantern out of an orange!

Oi todo mundo!!  Today is my very last day here in Jundiapeba and I cannot believe it!  It has been a crazy ride here these past transfers, but I have absolutley loved it.  I have learned and grown so much here, and I will never forget the people I have met.  I will be leaving a huge part of my heart here.  Oh yeah, mom and dad we will be coming here at the end of my mission FOR SURE.  You guys have to meet all the amazing members and recent converts!

This week was full of exchanges!  We have a few sisters in our zone that are really struggling.  I was able to go to two different areas to help the sisters in need.  My testimony of obedience has grown ten fold.  Last night we watched a little video at a family night with some members.  A little boy was warned by his parents to wear tennis shoes instead of flip flops at a campground because of the scorpions.  He was lazy and didn't give heed to their counsel.  He was stung by a scorpion and had to pay the price of his poor decision.  We are given laws, commandments and warnings daily from our Heavenly Father, because He loves us and He knows the consequences.  We can never think that because of the strength of our testimonies, our age, our experience or our place of leadership that we are exempt from a law or a commandment.  WICKEDNESS NEVER WAS HAPPINESS.  If we love Him we will keep His commandments.

We met a wonderful couple this week!  We were walking in the part that we call "Africa" here (because it looks so much like Africa) and we bumped into a member visiting his aunt and uncle.  We went back to teach them on Saturday.  P is GOLDEN.  N is a litle closed to our message but she is a nice lady.  P was asking every question that every missionary wants to hear.  Seriously every question, Sister Freitas and I looked at each other in awe!!  He went to church yesterday and LOVED it.  He even said, "Who knows if one day I will be baptized."  Great guy.

The assistant to the President called us this morning and called me to be a trainer again!  I know that it is a call from my Heavenly Father.  A feeling of peace, love and hope poured over me when I accepted the call.  Because I was transfered and I will be training, I will also open an area.  I have so much faith that the Lord will help me and prepare a way for me and my new companion in our new area!

I love being a missionary.  It is a great responsability and a great honor to be able to represent my Savior, Jesus Christ, for this short time.  I have four more months to be exactly obedient, work every day, and to love these people with all of my heart.  I know that my Heavenly Father loves me.  I know that our Savior lives and that He is working along with us.  This church is the true church of Jesus Christ. There is no other way or name by which we can be saved.  I love you all with all of my heart!!  Have an amazing week!!  Pray for my little companion!  We will be getting to know the area together!

Love,

Sister Cordner

Last P-day making Brigadeiro...a chocolate dessert!!!

A very fun Churrasco this weekend!!  The man with the meat
on a knife is our investigator José.  THe rest of them are members!





























No comments:

Post a Comment