Monday, November 30, 2015

Week 61 - SÃO JOSÉ DOS CAMPOS - November 30, 2015 - Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hello family and friends!  It has been another great week here in SJC!  We have been in the hot sun all week long, but now we are finally getting some refreshing rain!  I have never seen so many people wanting to go to church!  This week everyone was accepting baptism, and the invitation to go to church.  But unfortunately when Sunday came around, guess who actually went... no one!!  Oh man, we were pretty sad, but we keep the faith!  It was such a fun Thanksgiving.  We were feeling a little sad at the beginning, wanting to be at the big turkey feast with our families.  But when we started to list all of the blessings in our lives and see all that the Lord has given us, we decided to get to work and see some miracles.  It was really such a great day.  We met a few people who were so receptive.  We ate at Subway!  Oh man, I walked in and I literally felt like I was in the US of A.  Oh it smelled so good!  We ate TURKEY sandwiches, the closest we could get... 

I have been reading the incredible conference talks from October and they have been the highlight of my week.  "We agreed, right then and there, to be not only saviors for ourselves, but... saviors for the whole human family.  We went into a partnership with the Lord.  The working out of the plan became then not merely the Father's work, and the Savior's work, but also our work.  The least of us, the humblest, is in the partnership with the Almighty in achieving the purpose of the eternal plan of salvation."  - Elder John A. Widtsoe  I join my testimony with that of Joseph Smith: after all is said and done, and when we narrow down everything that is worth while to us and to our Father in Heaven, the work of bringing others to the Old Ship Zion is the most important.  They need the truth, and we have it.  There is just so much to do, and the work NEVER stops.  I feel anxious to do all I can before my time is out.  The light and desire within me to share my testimony with others is as strong as ever.  It has never gone out, and I pray that it never will!  I love this work.  It is everything to me.  I am eternally grateful to my Father in Heaven for the blessings given to me daily.  I know He lives and loves us.  I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving week! Pray that João will be able to keep strong until his baptism next week!!


Sister Cordner xoxo

SJC

SJC is so beautiful!

Sister Cordner and Sister Swindler

Thanksgiving meal - Subway turkey sandwiches!!  They were overjoyed!!





No comments:

Post a Comment