Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 59 - SÃO JOSÉ DOS CAMPOS - November 16, 2015

OK.  Everyone stay calm.  This is not a drill.  I am in São José dos Campos!  We are opening an area here in Jardim Paulista, right smack in the middle of the city center.  It is HUGE here!  I have never seen a bigger area in my entire mission!  It is so good because there are so many houses and people to teach, but bad because we have to gast a lot of money on taking the bus.  Bishop Alexandre said that there should normally be three companionships of elders here!  Sounds like Mitch is staying in Kalgoorlie!  Certainly the Lord has those who are prepared and are waiting for him!

I am training the sweetest and most amazing girl from Neptune, New Jersey!  She is absolutely hilarious and we have so much fun together!!  Her name is Sister Swindler and now has been here in Brasil for approximately six days.  She speaks wayyyy better than I spoke at the beginning.  It is so much fun to show her all of the new foods and beautiful things about the culture here.  She is loving it!!  We try our best to speak Português todo dia.  Sometimes it is a challenge :)  My entire mission I have never had the chance the option of speaking english!

Well after transfers on Tuesday we had to travel for three hours on the train and the bus.  It was a miracle when about twenty missionairies got on the metro and I... of course... was the very last to get on with my two huge suit cases.  I am not kidding.  Two men came out of no where and picked up my luggage, held the closing doors open and pulled me through.  It was a miracle. We finally got out here and the bishop was so ready to pick us up.  They have never had sisters here in Jardim Paulista and the members have been praying for months to have sisters here.  They have been without any missionaries for a few months, and bishop decided not to call President Silcox and to let the Lord do His part.  Well they are just so happy that we are here.  And we have been treated pretty much like princesses here.  It is such a beautiful city!  I will have to take pictures today to send next week.  There are a few investigators that the members have brought to church these past few weeks, but other than that, we are starting from scratch.  We cleaned the entire house, which is a big one.  We pretty much restored it.  I am pretty sure the elders NEVER cleaned that house.  Think cockroaches galore, ants, spiders every where and a house eaten out by termites.... YUCK!  It was a great experience.  

We were cleaning the house one morning when we heard someone clapping in the front of the house. We went to see who it was, and guess who it was!!!  Manoel Mattos, the man of the family that dad baptized 28 years ago.  Oh he was so happy to meet me!  My whole mission I have wanted to meet him.  It was such a cool experience.  He said that I look so much like dad.  Tears came to his eyes and he was not able to speak for a while thinking of how grateful he is for the gospel and how dad helped him change his life.  He is so excited to see you guys in March!  He is from a different ward, but he wants to have us over to eat at his house some time.  It was so fun to talk to him and finally meet him :)  He is such a spiritual man, and is SO PROUD of his children and grandchildren.  

Well, we are praying for miracles here in São José.  I have been studying a lot this week about miracles and what is required of me to see miracles.  Moroni 7 has taught me so much.  Faith is the key.  Diligence in obedience is so essential and we need to search for and have charity, the pure love of Christ for all of our brothers and sisters waiting to here the gospel.  I am fully convinced that the Lord is able to place prepared investigators right in the palms of our hands daily.  But this is not His will.  At least for me and my mission.  I need to show my faith, my confidence in Him, and my diligence in obedience every day of my mission to be able to see His miracles.  I am grateful for all that He has taught me.  I know that I need to be here.  I know that the Lord knows what He is doing.  He is in charge.  We need not fear, never.  I am so grateful for His infinite mercy and love for me.  I am an unworthy and imperfect servant, but I know that with Him I can do all things.  Pray for MIRACLES!  Pray that the members will have courage, and worthy lives to be able to find those that we can teach!  I love you all so much!  Have a wonderful week!

Love, Sister Cordner xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment