Monday, October 26, 2015

Week 56- Jundiapeba, São Paulo - October 26, 2015 - The daily mini miracles!!

Como vai todos?!  It has been a marvelous week, a sogger with a LOT of rain, but so good!  I thought a lot about Mitch and all the dust he has been breathing in the outback and how much he would LOVE a gust of wind or a splash of rain!  It sounds like he is doing great!!  My heart bursts with love and joy when I hear about how he is doing :)  

I cannot believe that six months has passed since the last time I was in the temple in SP.  On Wednesday we will all travel all the way to Campinas and I couldn't be more excited and grateful!  I have been pondering this past week on how I could really prepare myself spiritually to enter into the Lord's holy house.  Every single day, various times per day, I cite the scripture in my mind,"Let virtue garnish thy thoughts unceasingly then shall they confindence wax strong in the presence of God, and the doctrine of the priesthood shall distill upon they soul as the dew from heaven."  D&C 121:45  I have chosen to really focus on my thoughts and my desires this week to better prepare myself to feel full confidence in the presence of my Father in Heaven in his holy temple.  I know that I will be able to feel His love as the dew from heaven and I will be able to better understand my purpose and His plan for me here on the earth.  This week President Silcox sat down with me for a regular interview. He explained to me that many times we will go to the temple in our times of distress, sadness, or when we need answers or the Lord's counsel.  But, we need to go to His house when we are happy as well.  Lehi and Nephi, on their journey through the wilderness, gave thanks through burning sacrifices when they wanted to show love and gratitude.  We can do the same thing while we are in the temple.  

Well, our investigators are dropping like flies and it is really sad to see them giving into the lies and falling into the traps of the world.  We teach the doctrine, we invite them to come to Christ and change, we show them love, we promise blessings, and we do our best to walk with them on the path.  But in the end, they need to choose.  In the end they have the last word.  God never forces us, His children, to do anything.  This is our greatest blessing, our free agency, but as for us missionaries it is so hard to see this gift being abused!

This week the Elders from Guaianaizes sent us a reference from an active family in their ward. A daughter and sister of the family lives here in Jund., and we ran over this week to meet her!  She lives on the most beautiful street #magic.  I will send a pic next week.  We taught the Restoration, and she decided that she wants to be baptized!  At the end of the lesson she told us that her "husband" (they too need to get married) mentioned this week:  Why don't we go to your mom's church and see what it is like?  AAAHHHH! I heard the angels from heaven.  H went alone with us to church yesterday because he was feeling sick, but I am sure she loved it:)  Every member wanted to talk to her after the meetings.  They are such a great help, and there is always a sweet spirit in our chapel.  

Last night we were heading to see an investigator because literally everything fell through - EVERYTHING.  Sundays are the worst days here to visit people.  No one wants to hear about the Lord on His own day.  Anyways, we stopped to help an old couple carry a bunch of wood to their house.  They let us in, gave us some juice and even listened to our message of the Plan of Salvation!  Salete is pretty much blind and she got so excited when we explained the resurrection and the perfection that will take place of our bodies. Toward the end of the message she said and remembered that before they had left home she had said to her "husband,"  "We've got to clean the house and leave it very beautiful because we will have a few visitors coming," without even knowing that we would be visiting.  She was so thrilled that we had come to her little home.  What a sweet little woman she was.  She reminded me a little of Grandma Cordner and how sweet and loving she is.  I imagined hugging my sweet grandma when I reached down to hug her.  Such a special and beautiful little miracle.

We watched an amazing devotional last night at the stake center with all of the youth.  It was from the MTC in SP and we heard from Elder Costa, Adukaites, and Mazzagardi.  The broadcast was amazing.  They spoke of all the blessings of missionary work, before, during and after the mission.  The fruits of our missions are never ending.  Like all of the apples from an apple tree that was once one little seed, the uncountable seeds will be the people we are serving, and their never ending fruits as well.  It was amazing.  I felt so much love, so many prayers and so much support from first, my Heavenly Father, my family and all of the people around the world that pray for the missionaries.  Right now we can not see all of the fruits, but I know our work is not in vain.  I know that this is the Lord's way and it is His plan.  I love you all, and I hope you have a great week!!  


Sister Cordner xoxo


                               Our P-Day last week!  It was so magic to go shopping in Mogi :)


No comments:

Post a Comment