Monday, October 12, 2015

Week 54 - Jundiapeba, São Paulo - October 12, 2015 - Our Search for HAPPINESS

Today is a beautiful Monday, and it is so good to be here on the mission.  This week has been a great week full of spiritual lessons and a lot of progress.  As I read all of your emails my heart fills with joy and gratitude.  How can I be blessed so much?  

Well first things first, No. E was not baptized...again.  We bumped into him on Saturday on the street and he told us that he took our advice and was fasting!  He was dying of hunger and was headed home to eat.  He is full of pure desire and real intent, but just needs to make the choice: I will not drink coffee.  On Sunday we called to see if he would come to church (he does not like us to pick him up). He was so sad and was so discouraged.  He told me that he would give back all of the books and pamphlets and that he wanted to give up.  I explained to him how the enemy was working on him.  Satan doesn't want him to go to church.  He wants his family to be destroyed.  E thought for a little while and said he would change his clothes and go to church.  YES!  He showed up and it was probably the most spiritual testimony mtg. that I have experienced here in my mission.  The members have real lives, real hard problems, but they believe in Christ.  They turn to Him, they trust in Him.  It was just amazing.  He is on track again, and I will never give up on him or lose faith in him.  

We have had some of the most spiritual lessons with G this week.  She has so many questions about the priesthood, the "rules" in the church and everything else.  We were able to help her understand a little bit more, and I was able to really pour out my soul to her and expain to her how much her Heavenly Father loves her and that is why he gives us the commandments.  She remembered the story shared in conference about the little girl and the seat-belt.  Really the Lord does not force us to put on our seat-belts, but He tries His best to explain to us why through His eternal love.  She has had the same boyfriend for three years and she is 17...so it will be a hard change for her, but I know she has already received her testimony of the truthfullness of the gospel.  She saw the Book of Mormon in English in a dream and she has had such a desire to learn more, and read more.  I have never seen anyone with more real intent in my whole mission!  She told us that even though she has a boyfriend, work, school, a great family and everything else, she feels like something is missing.  She feels like the gap in her heart is starting to fill up.  The gospel is true.  

OK, I love my companion so much!!  I have never laughed so hard every single day!  We just find the funniest things and the funniest people every day:)  We are absolutely exhausted together, but we have pretty much the same mind and the same focus...it helps a lot :)  We are so focused and we are working the most that I have worked in my life.  Mom sent me the same letter and talk that Uncle Phil sent her on her mission in Spain.  I loved a part that I read this morning:  "When the Lord said, Lengthen your stride, quicken your pace, heighten your reach, widen your vision, and stretch your capacity, he was in reality saying expect a miracle for these are the stuff which miracles are made."  I know this is true.  Larry Lawrance in GC said, "Our direction in more important than our speed."  Every day I learn a little more, I am able to see a little more, and be a bit better.  I am still so imperfect.  Every sacrament meeting my heart fills with gratitude that I can start again.  I can forget the past, learn from my mistakes and change myself through the Atonement and be better the next week.  I will never do enough, I will never pay my debt, nor will I deserve any blessing.  But He has payed the price.  His grace is sufficient and always will be.  This sacred truth is everything to me.  I have a thirst to know Him better, be more like Him and be closer to Him.  I know He is my Savior and Redeemer.  I know He speaks with our living prophet, Thomas S. Monson.  I felt it through his burning testimony.  This week I will work harder, be more obedient to the Spirit, and lose myself in this work.  This week I will be Ponderizing Matthew 10:39.  I testify that when we lose ourselves in the work of God, we find ourselves.  I can say that I am truly happy.  It is not easy and it never will be easy.  This life was never easy, even for Him.  But I am truly happy.  I love my Heavenly Father with all of my heart and soul.  Thanks for letting me share my deepest feelings, I love you all so much!!  Have a great and uplifting week!


Sister Cordner xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment