Monday, June 29, 2015

Week 39 - Jundiapeba, São Paulo - June 29, 2015


Òla minha família bonita!!  Que saudades de vocês!

Thank you all so much for all of the updates! I absolutely love to
hear from home and all of your positive advice and uplifting words!  I
am shocked to hear about the state of our country and the decision about 
gay marriage. We really do live in the last days.  Even with storms and 
tempests all around us we are able and we will be strong and stand for 
the right.  We have to be here in the world, but try not to be of the world.  
We are a covenant people of the Lord.  He will sustain us and help us 
when we stand and stay on His side.  Oh how grateful I am to understand 
the plan of happiness.  We need to strengthen our own homes first before 
anything else so that we will be able to help strengthen others!

What an amazing week we have had here in Jundiapeba! E and L,
E and S married this week, and we are so happy for them!  E
is so strong in her testimony of the gospel.  L is struggling a
little with going to church, but we can help him with that!  After we
took all of the coffee out of their house they have not been drinking
coffee!!  And L was even at a party with alcohol, and guess
what???  He did not drink!  Oh, we were so happy for him!  E and
S were not at church yesterday. "They slept in!" Oh please, why can't
these people just go to church!  We were able to talk to their son as
well, A, and he seems excited as well.  If everything goes well on
July 18th they will all be baptized when they are officially married! 
(Weren't they officially  married already?)



B, E and L's son was finally baptized yesterday!  We were
able to give a training to the teachers and presidents of the classes
in the ward yesterday, right after the baptism started and it was
beautiful!  I have never had so many people in a baptism before!!  100
people were there.  I could not believe it.  B took a while to
ease into the water because it was too hot this time, but he was
baptized! Oh it was the sweetest thing :)  One day he will remember
how brave he was.

Right now we are teaching the husband of a sweet member S, his
name is B.  Okay, I have to describe him because he is
hilarious.  Just imagine the old grandfather on the cartoon "Courage,
The Cowardly Dog" remember him?  The one that mom never let us 
watch?  Well imagine him but with brown skin and even skinner and 
wrinklier.  Okay, he is the biggest joker ever.  We love him so much 
and we are helping him stop smoking.  We were so tired of hearing all 
of his excuses so we brought down the hammer.  We read about the 
Anti-nephi-lehites with him, how they burried their weapons and never 
picked up another sword to fight again.  He knew what was coming and 
he did not like it.  He did not want to burry his cigarettes so he burnt 
them, even better! We put up little papers all over the house saying, 
"Eu não vou comprarmais cigarro!"  (I will not buy more cigarettes!) 
It seemed to work because he said that he has not bought any yet, 
and has not smoked!!! OKAY, MIRACLE.   He is the biggest 
complainer, but I know that he has the force! (Maybe she meant the 
help of the Spirit, power? haha)

Yesterday J went to church with us.  She is 14 years old and is so
sweet.  (We talked to her on the road one day)  She said she
looooved church.  We have so many good people and youth in our ward.
I can trust them to take our investigators and stay with them all of
church and when I talk with them afterward, they loved it!

I am so grateful to be here and to be having all of these experiences.
I loved what Dad sent me last week in his email.  Sometimes when we
have to prepare for a lesson, a talk or write a paper, we do so much
research and preperations.  But really the most important thing is to
make sure we are worthy vessels of the spirit.  When we are truly
worthy to have the Holy Ghost with us, we are able to say the things
that the Lord would say.  I know this is true.  In our training that
we gave this week we have been preparing for a long time, but I have
been also preparing myself spiritually to be a worthy vessel.  I know
that the Lord gave me the words to say.  I am so grateful for the
constant companionship of the Holy Ghost.  When I feel that I am
straying away from Him, or that my thoughts, words, or actions are
making me lose Him, I do everything possible to have Him back with
me.  I need the peace He brings and the comfort I feel everyday.  I
love you all and I am so grateful for every one of you!!  I hope you
all have a great week!!  On Wednesday it has been nine months that I
left home!!  SO CRAZY!!  I will never get those nine months back!!!
But I have nine left to work hard and do my best!!  HAPPY FOURTH OF
JULY ON SATURDAY!!!  Okay, you all know how much I love the 4th so I
will try my best not to think about it this week :(  But have a great
BBQ without me!!!  I love you all!!!

USA! USA! USA!

Sister Cordner xoxo




Some of the members we ate lunch with yesterday!  Okay, she is the
most amazing cook in the ward and I did not even feel like eating because I was a little sick!








No comments:

Post a Comment