Monday, June 22, 2015

Week 38 - Jundiapeba, São Paulo - June 22, 2015

Hello my beautiful, wonderful, and blessed family!!

Oh how great this week was!  We have so many people that are progressing and preparing to be baptized very soon!  

First of all, Luiz and Vanda were married this week and it was wonderful.  It was really fast and sweet, but they were married and Luiz was able to be baptized yesterday.  They are a beautiful family.  Members in the ward remember Vanda when she was a teen in the ward.  After many years of being inactive she has returned and her husband is now a member of the Church of Jesus Christ!  What a beautiful new start for them!!  I will send pictures :)

Luiz and Vanda's wedding!

Luiz's baptism.

His niece, R was not baptized because we need to get the signature of her mom or dad.  It is so frustrating because they are not even in her life and her great-grandmother does everything for her and doesn't have legal guardianshipship!  So this week we will try our best to get her dad's signature and explain to him the situation!  Oh sweet R was crying last night because she would not be baptized.  It will be a beautiful day when she is!

E and L with her sister E and S will be married this Thursday!  In the center of Mogi it is so much easier to be married and they are so excited!  We were with E and S this week teaching about the Word of Wisdom and they were so willing to make so many changes in their lives!  When S was saying the closing prayer he asked for help to be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost one day.  I love them so much!  They are the most humble people who love their family.  S is very quiet and pretty shy.  But each time we visit them I see more and more confidence.  They all even came to the Festa Junina (it is like a brazilian hoe-down) this weekend that the ward put on!

Festa Junina! (Festival of June) 


There were so many sweets and candy!

B is E and L's son and he tried to be baptized yesterday.  The water was so cold because the heater has been broken for a long time.  First of all,  he is scared of water and second, it was freezing!  He was coaxed into the water and finally dunked but the elder let his feet come up.  He panicked and would not try again!  So we are praying that next week the heater will be working and he will have more courage being baptized with his mom on the same day!

This week a member in the ward made pancakes and maple syrup for us and it was a dream!!  Rice and beans every day sometimes gets to me, but I know I will miss it when I get home!!  I am so grateful for the chance to meet so many wonderful people and share my testimony with many of them.  I know that our Heavenly Father is worried about each one of us and that because His Son, Jesus Christ, suffered everything that we suffer, so He knows exactly how to succor us in our times of need.  Every day I am able to converse with my Heavenly Father and I know that He is hearing me.  I do not feel that I am talking to a blank wall but that He is my Father.  He knows me better than I know myself and He knows the people I need to be with, where I need to be and what I need to hear or read.  Every day I feel more and more grateful to know that I am His daughter.  I have never been more aware of my weaknesses than I am here on my mission, but I know that the Lord gives us weaknesses so that we will be humble, so that we will always turn to Him.  He loves us enough to give us weaknesses.  For this I am so grateful!!  Feliz dia dos Pais ontem PAPAI!!!  Eu amo você para sempre!  Obrigada por tudo que já fez, está fazendo, e vai fazer em minha vida!! (Happy Father's Day Papa!  I will love you forever!  Thank you so much for all you have done for me, are doing for me and will do for me in my life!!) Have a wonderful week everyone!!

Com muito amor, 
Sister Cordner xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment