Monday, July 6, 2015

Week 40 - Jundiapeba, São Paulo - July 6, 2015

My little district!
Hello my wonderful family and friends!

This week was just wonderful!  I would not trade being here with anything in the world right now!!  This week our new President Silcox arrived.  Our zone traveled in a tiny little school van made for five year old children for two hours to São José dos Campos to meet him!  It was quite the ride with everyone getting sick, but it was so worth it.  Pres. Silcox and his wonderful wife are amazing.  Their Português is a little rough, but they are so excited to be here and to serve the Lord.  They left their beautiful family in Utah and will be here in São Paulo for three years.  What an amazing sacrifice! As President was speaking I felt so strongly that he had been called of God.  He was set apart by Elder Ballard and has begun already to do amazing things in our mission!  I already love them so much!!

President and Sister Silcox
Sister Zanni's parents are here in Mogi!!  They have been in SP all week, and we they had their great reunion yesterday before church!  I could not help but think when I will be able to see all of you again!!  It will be wonderful.  We were able to go to Suzano last night and visit our convert Jessica!  She has been going to Institute a few times and needs to go to church!!  We left a message with her and bore our testimonies,  I hope that it touched her in some way that she will want to return!!  We met many members at Jeniena's home (a member that we lived next to).  There were so many people that I loved there!!  It was so much fun to talk with all of them, now that I can speak their language.  I loved it!!  


Sister Zanni and her parents.
So for the next two transfers I know that I will stay here in Jundiapeba, because I will train!!  I am so excited to meet my new companion tomorrow and to be able to help her start her mission!!  New missionaries are always so special.  I know that I am not by any means a perfect missionary.  For sure I will learn many things with her.  But I know with all of my heart that the Lord will qualify me to do anything He asks of me.  Right now, He wants me to train a new missionary and I will do what He asks with all of my heart, might, mind, and strength!!  I am so excited!!  I do not know if she will be American or Brasilian.  We will have to see tomorrow!

I know that a Igreja de Jesus Cristo dos Santos dos Ultimos Dias (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) is the Lord's kingdom here on the earth.  The more I study about the restoration, the great apostasy, and the plan of salvation, the more I see that God is perfect and that His church here on the earth is so perfect.  I am so grateful for modern-day revelation.  We have a living prophet, and now we have ten apostles.  I know that the men God will call will be apostles ready and willing to serve Him.  Have a great week!!  I love you all!!

Sister Cordner xoxo


My little friends in Suzano!
                                           
Our zone in the little van.

No comments:

Post a Comment