Monday, January 25, 2016

Week 69 - SÃO JOSÉ DOS CAMPOS - January 25, 2016 - CRAZY

FAMÌLIA!!  This has been the craziest week of my entire mission!  Literally, I do NOT know where to start!  

First.  C1 was not baptized.  Sadly she has sooo many problems with her family, is not thinking straight, and is definitley not keeping the commitments we leave with her.  But,  we will not give up :)  Please pray for her :)

Second.  WE HAVE A NEW INVESTIGATOR THAT IS SO GOLDEN!  Her name is S.  Oh my, she talked with us at the grocery store.  Her stepson is a soon-to-be Elder, and her husband right now is a less active member!  She was so excited to learn more!  We called her on the day that she found out that she might have cancer... She told us that is was a sign from God that our church was true.  During the lesson of the Restoration, the Spirit was so powerful, and it was so cool to have V there as well, her stepson.  Every one felt it.  She agreed to baptism!  She is super active in her church, but we have so much faith and hope and we are so happy!!

Third! C3 will be baptized this weekend!!  She has been reading the Book of Mormon every single day, praying, and is so excited!  She took her granddaughter to church this past week and her daughter, the mother, got very mad at her.  She is worried that her daughters will "disown" her because of her baptism, but she KNOWS it is the right thing.  We are so excited!!  I just love her so much :)

Well, we had the craziest Pday today.  We took a 1.5 hour bus ride to walk 30 minutes on a trail to see some beautiful waterfalls!  We went all alone, but it was fun!  Everyone told us that we should not go alone because we would get lost, but fortunately everything went okay :)  On the way back we were running to catch the next bus... President Silcox called me on the way and it was raining so hard.  He told me that we are getting another companion!  But, we missed the bus.  The next one leaves at 5... So I hope it will get there on time to pick her up!  Haha, so we are in an extrememly magical town in the middle of no where.  All the houses are so magical and bright and colorful.  So many little shops with cute things and little places to eat.  I wish I had a few days to stay here!  

I am so excited for this next week.  I love being a missionary.  This week we were able to hear from a few of the apostles in a devotional to all the missionaries in the world.  We learned so much about how to follow the spirit, be a worthy vessel, and how to help our investigators be converted to the gospel of Jesus Christ.  We have seen MAJOR changes in our teaching and the Spirit that we feel.  I am so grateful for the wise counsel of our leaders.  They truly are inspired.  

I am sorry I do not have much more time, but I love you all so much!  I am very grateful for the time I have left to be here.  I know that it is still where I need to be!  Have a wonderful week!

Sister Cordner xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment