Monday, January 4, 2016

Week 66 - SÃO JOSÉ DOS CAMPOS - January 4, 2016 - I LOVE NEW BEGINNINGS!!!

Don't you all just love new beginnings? I have reflected this week on all of the amazing things that have passed with the old year, and all of the new hopes for this year.  My Father in Heaven and His Son, Jesus Christ, have been my strength.  I am amazed as I have seen the blessings from heaven being poured over me and my mission.  

Simplify.  That is my goal for this new year.  We, mostly us women in the church, complicate things way too much.  The gospel of Jesus Christ is simple.  It is clear.  It is easy to understand, even for little children.  When I simplify my thoughts, feelings, testimony, and even words, I feel such a sweeter spirit enter into my life.  I start to see more clearly the Hand of God in my life and the purest hope and confidence in my Father returns and fills my whole soul.  How I am grateful for new beginnings.  How I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

C1 is on track, going to church, this time with one more of her sons who is nine years old.  She has a new goal to stop drinking coffee and really, I know she is seeing a difference in her life.  Of all the people I have met here in Brasil, she has the darkest of pasts.  She has been through it all.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is literally a beacon of light beaming into her life.  She is determined to change.  I know that Heavenly Father loves her.

C2 is progressing very well also!  She once again went to church on her own yesterday, after refusing a ride with any member.  She is such a sincere and diligent daughter of God.  She has SO much potential in His kingdom.  We are excited to plan many visits with members and many family nights this week!

C3 got sick this week... but we are still praying that she will, along with all the others, recieve an answer to their prayers!  

I know, because the Holy Ghost has revealed to me time and time again, that this is the true church of Jesus Christ in these last days.  I cannot deny it.  I know that God talks with His children.  We need only become like a little child, open our hearts and ask Him for an answer.  He is our loving Father.  I am so grateful for the time I still have to share what I know to be true with my brothers and sisters.  What an amazing privilege it has been and will be.  Thank you for your loving and uplifting words this week!  I am determined to do my best this next week!  I love you all and I wish you a happy new beginning!

Love, Sister Cordner xoxo


  

No comments:

Post a Comment