Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 31 -Guarulhos, São Paulo - May 4, 2015









OH my family and friends!!  I hope that your week was as amazing as mine was!!  I have never been happier or more focused on this work than I am right now at this point in my mission!  I love to be a missionary!  We are now with the other sisters in our home and they are great!  I am living with three Brazilian women and I love it!  Oh my Português will be so much better at the end of this transfer!!  We are all working so well together here in Presidente Dutra and we were able to have six investigators at church on Sunday!  I am loving the members and this area.  

This week our entire mission was able to meet along with Sao Paulo Norte mission with Elder Whitney L. Clayton.  He is a member of the presidency of the seventy.  The many things that I learned and felt in that conference changed my nature as a missionary and I have had a turning point in my mission.  I have made goals to talk to everyone, no matter who they are. I will also be more bold and fearless in my calling and in helping others make commitments.  But most importantly I will try harder and will focus daily on being more like my Savior, Jesus Christ.  I have less than a year left here in São Paulo and I need to do all that I can to help my brothers and sisters be baptized and enter the kingdom of our Father.  I can testify that when I try my very best to be like the Savior, I am truly happy.  Nothing has really changed, I am still in Presidente Dutra, I am with my same companion and I am doing the same work, but now I can truly say that I am trying with all of my heart to be like Jesus Christ and I am so happy!!  As Elder Clayton was giving his talk one line at a time, because the translator had to interpret and speak in Português, the Spirit testified to me of his sacred calling as a member of the Quorum of the Seventy. He is a man with a wife and family, but he is different because the Lord has qualified him to be a special instrument in his hands.

Our teaching group is growing and we are finding great people to teach every day!  Unfortunately D did not want to come to church with us on Sunday, but she will eventually see she needs more help.  We are teaching a wonderful woman named N.  She is a referece from a man in our old area and she is 24 years old.  She has been attending institute with her member friends and is loving the church.  She also says that all of her prayers and her reading of the Book of Mormon are indicating that the church is true! She went to church yesterday for the first time and loved it!!

On Saturday we spent the day with the ward mission leader on the streets reminding and inviting everone we saw to go to church with us on Sunday.  He only has been a member for one year but is preparing to serve a mission!  We had visited all of our investigators and were wanting someone new to teach and bring to church (one last lesson to end the week.)  In the middle of the street Sister Andrade lifted up her head and hands and said, "Heavenly Father we want to teach one more lesson and invite one more person to church, please help us!" (In Portugês of course).  We turned around and a cute fifteen year old girl holding a black cat stood behind us.  She said, "Are you guys missionaries?" I thought I could hear angels singing!!!  MIRACLE!! She had wanted us to talk and try to help her mom, but she did not accept us.  So we walked to the nearby park and taught her a beautiful lesson. She is only 15 years old, but is so mature and understood everything and always has many questions.  She loves visiting different churches and decided to go with us on Sunday and loved it!  Every day, each experience strengthens my testimony more and more of our Heavenly Father's love.  

Tomorrow at 5:00 in the morning our entire mission will be going to the temple.  It has been six months since I have entered into the Lord's house.  I have been praying all week to have the spiritual experiences that I need to in the temple.  The temple is everything to me.  I am so grateful for my temple covenants and I challenge all of you to go to the temple this week!  I love this work, and I love this gospel.  I testify that it is all true.  Have a great week!!

Com muito amor, Sister Cordner xoxo


PS.  Today Irmã helped us make a huge meal/churraso of the most delicious brazilian food.  Oh my it was heaven.  We invited our district over and it was so fun!  We topped it off with mousse de maracuja (passion fruit)!  YUMMM ! OH my.... the food here is tooo goood.       

No comments:

Post a Comment