Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 16 - Suzano, Brazil - January 19, 2015

J - First person I taught to be baptized

Oi todo mundo, e bom dia! Eu espero que suas semanas foram muito boas!

Where do I begin?!  This week has been full of little miracles, and my testimony has grown so much! We began to teach J again at the beginning of this week because she finally returned from her vacation.  In the first lesson she accepted to be baptized on the 25th of Jan.  She was very excited and sure that this church is true and the right path for her.  The next day, we got a call from her friend M who is a member.  She is getting married on the 23rd and would not be able to be at the baptism.  She talked to J and J wanted to be baptized on the 18th instead! She even said that the 25th was just too far away and wanted to be baptized as soon as possible.  Well... our mission has a rule that you need to go to church three times in order to be baptized.  She had only been once, and the 18th would be the second time.  We called President Andrew and he accepted.  He felt that she was ready and could be baptized!  She was baptized yesterday and it was so beautiful.  She is such a sweet spirit that is so gentle and so sincere.  She works in a little school for children with Autism and will now be even more of a blessing to so many people because of being a member of this church.  Ahhhh, so amazing.

We helped Bishop Rafael and Cherleine move houses this weekend.  Let me tell you, I have never sweated so much in my life! The sun was beaming down all day with not a cloud in the skies and we were carrying such heavy loads up a staircase for what seemed like hours! haha, but now they live in the Center and not out in the middle of no where.  It will be so much better with them living there.

Well our teaching pool has been dwindling as people we are teaching turn into eternal investigators because of not coming to church.  So...this week is our week to search for the elect, the people that are prepared and ready to hear the truth.  We have been praying so hard to find those that have been prepared.  I have so much faith that we will!

 I have learned so much about people here in Brasil.  I can not even tell you how many people I see a day.  How many different faces, body types, skin colors, clothing styles, couples, and families like anywhere else.  When I am standing in crowded buses or when we are sitting in a humble home I try to imagine my brothers and sisters before this life.  We are all children of God that chose at one point to follow His plan and come to earth.  There are so many children that now are lost, and are depending on us to help them back to the family of our Heavenly Father.  There are many things holding them back like addictions, worldly music, movies, clothes, sin but they have so much potential.  Every person has the potential to become pure, clean and closer to Christ.  I know that when I focus on their potential and where they can be - in the Temple making sacred covenants -  then I will be able to love and teach more easily and how God would have me teach.  

I am so grateful for the people I have met and the lessons I have learned.  This mission is extremely difficult every day, but I would not trade it for anything.  I know that the Lord is stretching me in order to make me better and help me grow.  I know that Christ's church has been restored on this earth and it is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I am so grateful to know this truth.  

I hope you all have a great week full of doing meaningful and good things!


Love, Sister Cordner XOXOXO


Last P-day was so fun!  Côco Verde is not my favorite, but I had to try it!



We visited a Buddist Temple that has the biggest Buddah in South America... well it was not that big but the Temple was beautiful!  



We saw Macacos there! They were such little grandfather monkeys, so many of them, and so close to us!



























No comments:

Post a Comment