Monday, January 12, 2015

Week 15 - Suzano, Brazil - January 12, 2015




Me and my sisters at the Mission Office! It was so good to see them!


Bom Dia from the pressure cooker of Suzano!  Let me tell you.. it is quente, quente, quente here and it will even get hotter!  We take two showers a day here because we are constantly sweating!

This week our amazing investigator returned from her vacation and we are ready to pounce and start teaching again! We want to have her ready for baptism in two weeks and we know we can do it with the Lord!  Her name is J.  She is twenty years old and a reference from a lady in the stake.  She is so interested in the Gospel and the great part is that her parents are also.  They need to be married first before they can be baptized.  They are a beautiful family that needs to have the fulness of the gospel in their lives! Please pray that they will accept the baptismal invitation and come to church this Sunday!  We also have been working a lot with the less actives in the ward.  There are so many and they live in such random places of the city.  But we have already reactivated a few, so let's keep it up! 

This week we had to wake up at 3:30 am one day and travel to the mission office.  I am officially Brazilian now with papers in hand!  At the Polícia Federal, Sister Bundy, Sister Johnson and I ran into three of our Elders from the CTM!!  Oh my, we were so excited to see them.  We all were talking in Portuguêse and sharing stories.  It was so much fun, and so good to see them. Such great guys.  

This week I have been trying to develop more and more faith.  I read an amazing scripture in Moroni 10:7. I have learned that every time we show even a little bit of faith like when we pick up our scriptures and read, when we say a little prayer in our hearts, when we take a trip to the temple, help someone out or make the right choice, we will recieve power from God.  We all need power from our Heavenly Father every single day.  He is not able to bless us with this power if we do not show Him through our actions that we are ready and willing to accept this power.  Let us try every day to show Him that we want His power in our lives.  He will send it and it will be glorious.  I have been trying so hard to memorize scripture references.  I want so badly to be more familiar with the Book of Mormon and the Bible.  Because I have been working on this, and praying every day for help, God has expanded my mind, and has given me the power to remember many things.  I testify that this is so true.  I love this gospel.  It is the only way to happiness and Eternal Life.  I love you all and I wish you all a wonderful week!!

Love, Sister Cordner XOXO

Me and an ant nest.  Luckily this one was abandoned, but there are so many here!


A rainy day here in Suzano.  There are so many cars like these here called Fusca Azul.  Every time one passes, they yell "Fusca Azul!" and punch someone.  The elders get really into it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment