Monday, December 14, 2015

Week 63 - SÃO JOSÉ DOS CAMPOS - December 14, 2015 - Apples to Apples

How many apples come from one seed?  I was able to see a little bit of the amazing fruits of dad's mission.  What amazing people.  The Mattos family introduced us to their little snack shop, so delicious by the way.  We also ate lunch with the Burock family (they know a family in our ward and traveled down!).  And we also ate lunch again with the Mattos family yesterday!  I just love them so much.  So funny that both families have sons out on missions my same age.  It will be so much fun to have them see dad after so many years!  Everyone was joking around with Manoel Mattos that he can not put dad on an altar and worship him when he comes. They are so funny!!

Well we are certainly in the last days because first of all, I have never seen a blazing sun as I have this week, and second of all, no one wants to go to church.  These past weeks we have had so many people excited to go to church. We get them all rides to get there, everything seems perfect and then Sunday morning....cricket, cricket.  BUT, we have a great new investigator!   His name is P.  He has some great friends in the ward and has been coming to our english class (so crazy, but so fun!), and all the ward activities!  His parents as well are interested in hearing our message.  He has real intent and is so inteligent.  Wants to get a real testimony of the Book of Mormon and the prophet Joseph Smith.  We are excited!  

This week we had our annual Christmas conference.  It was so much fun and such a crazy experience.  I have never seen Elders so excited in my life.  I mean these men pass for two hundred rabid monkeys in a barrel.  But they are hilarious.  Sister Swindy and I sang our little song.  It went well!  I will have to send the video to you all and all the photos I took this week.  I left the battery charging at home...  We have eaten so much Churrasco!  I think our main food group this Christmas season will me MEAT.  So much meat, but man, it is the best I have had.  The Ward Christmas party was a blast!  It was at a really cool place in the middle of the jungle, with crystal clear pools in the blazing hot sun.  OH how I wanted to jump in!!  

My testimony of personal revelation has grown ten fold as I have felt a need to call on my Father in Heaven, bent my knees, and opened my scriptures just to find exactly what I was looking for.  I know He answers our prayers.  There has not been a prayer I have said on my mission that He has not answered.  And really one of the most important questions we can ask is "What lack I yet?"  I love this talk from the last General Conference.  I testify that the spirit can tell us the small and simple things that we can improve.  He is so honest and so direct. And when we take his advice and really try to improve, He will bless us with more answers.  

Please pray for our teaching pool, and please pray for P, C, and E, that all three will be able to receive their own personal witnesses of the truth.  

It was great to see that Zoie has arrived safely at home.  What an amazing mission she has served!  I love you ZO!  

Have a great week everyone!  I am sooooo excited to talk to you all next week!!  I will have to practice my english a little!  TCHAU!  Beijos!

Sister Cordner X0X0




Manoel Mattos with his wife.

Lunch with the Burock family

Manoel Mattos' family on Sunday dinner with McKenzie.


Dinner at Mattos home.




Meeting another man whose parents were baptized by Ken. So awesome!







No comments:

Post a Comment