Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Week 5 - MTC - November 4, 2014

Ola minha familia! 

Em uma semana eu vou estar em Brasil!! (In one week we will be in Brazil!)  We received our visas and our travel itineraries last Sexta Feira, and we have been in the clouds ever since! We leave Nov. 10 at 11:15 am for Atlanta, Georgia.  From 4:50-7:35 pm we have a layover there, I'm not sure when I'll be able to call you all, but I guess we'll figure it out!  We then board a plane for Sao Paulo, Brasil (!!!!!) and arrive there the next day, at 8:15 am.  Just in time to see the never-ending city skyline at sunrise.  I received an email from an Elder in our mission this morning.  A Brazilian man that works for the church will pick us up at the airport, hopefully we will be able to find him!  Especially because apparently he doesn't speak any English!!  Everything will work out, I am sure of it.  I am ready for some Brazilian sun after this freezing cold week!

A great scripture for me this week has been 3 Nephi 5:13. As we have been preparing through study of gospel and language, it is really easy for me to feel small and inadequate to have such a calling as a missionary.  I start to feel like I am so young again, so unable to share such a great message.  If I remember this scripture, I am reminded that I need not fear any man or woman.  God is with me, He will always be with me.  I can speak to anyone and everyone, because they have the right to hear this message and I have the duty to share it with them.  What is uncomfortable for me to do today, will become second nature for me tomorrow if I rely solely on my God for strength and support.  I will be able to bear testimony to anyone that Christ lives and can save us from our sins. 

 The entire MTC sang "How Firm a Foundation" last Sunday during Mission Conference.  The third verse was the most magnificent sound I have ever heard.  The love of God filled my heart with comfort and complete peace when I heard the words, "Fear not, I am with thee, oh be not dismayed.  For I am thy God and will still give thee aid.  I'll strengthen thee help thee and cause thee to stand."  I was overcome with emotion and could not sing any more, as tears streamed down my face.  I know and testify that God lives and we are His children.  I testify that God is in the details of our lives.  He can strengthen us, help us, and even cause us to stand.  I love this gospel with all of my soul.  I am beaming with excitement to share it with others.  It is a great time to be a missionary!  

I love you with all my heart, 


Sister Cordner

2 comments:

  1. It's so good to read your letters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Mckenzie, Lou is grandma Linda. I've just been trying to figure out how to respond to your wonderful letters. I think I figured it out I'lyou a long letter soon. Love grandma Linda

    ReplyDelete