Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 10 - Suzano, Brazil - December 8, 2014






I can not believe that another week has passed!! It has been a busy week with finding many new investigators and cutting a lot as well.  It is also getting really hot here!  I will have to get used to it, ha! Right now we are in Lorena which is about four hours away from Suzano.  Sister Tillman leaves next week, and I am kind of freaking out.  I am cramming information in my head about which bus goes where and where everyone lives. Please pray for me, because I'll never be able to memorize everything on my own!!  Well, we're here in Lorena visiting her first area.  It is so beautiful here.  I hope one day I can serve here as well.

This week we had an amazing miracle.  Remember Su and her family? we stopped by their home a few times this week and they were never home and we tried to call and they would never answer! So on Sunday we decided to fast that they would be able to come to church.  We really wanted them to feel the power of fast and testimony meeting.  We waited and waited on Sunday but they never came.  But...... a woman that isn't a member, S, showed up at church.  She has talked to the missionaries before, but wasn't interested then.  After sacrament meeting she asked if she could be baptized in one month. WHAT?! Haha... We were so excited.  God listens to our prayers and our special fasts.  Sometimes He answers them in ways that we would never expect.  It is amazing to see the Lord's work moving forward little by little.  Sometimes I feel so overwhelmed with so many people in our city, but I have to remind myself that this isn't my work. This is the Lord's work and it is perfect.  I am so grateful for the opportunity to be here and grow with my Heavenly Father by my side.  Portuguese is so hard, but I am working at it every second of every day. When it comes, I know that will be the best day of my life! haha! I am just grateful I am not learning Japanese, Elder Livingston!! Thank you all for your love and support, I feel so much strength from your prayers every day. I love you!!

Love, Sis. Cordner

PS

I had my companion cut my hair!! haha...Such trust! It was just way too hot!

We get to go to the temple tomorrow in Sao Paulo.  I am beyond excited!! 

All of the little maninas (little girls) here love Peppa Pig (a cartoon she remembers from her childhood), haha I crack up every time.

I received your package! Thank you so much!! It seriously made my whole week!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment